The Tailor Made Experience
The Tailor Made Experience
At Ten80 holidays we fervently believe that setting an extremely high standard is key to guaranteeing our guests' enjoyment of everything our properties and the Mont-Blanc Valley have to offer. However we also know that each and every one of our guests is unique and as such deserves the holiday they desire and not necessarily the holiday we might imagine they want.
Having spent many years on London's Jermyn Street in the clothing industry we know what Tailor Made really means.
It is for this reason that rather than offering the clichéd and overwrought fully-catered chalet option we have decided to offer a tailor-made service where nothing is taken for granted, nothing is any trouble and everything is possible.
Starting with our Hotel Comfort Holiday plan as a base standard to which all other services, activities, catering, excursions and transport options are added, your personal concierge will discuss all your requirements with you and piece together your ideal alpine ski or summer holiday.
Here are some suggestions:
- Part or full time Chef s Service: Our experienced and talented chefs can cater to your every need, be it a one off special evening, gourmet food on a nightly basis, freshly baked cakes every afternoon or the smell of freshly squeezed orange juice, bacon and kippers in the morning.
- Full-time chauffeured transport: In addition to your airport transfers one of our drivers will be at your service between 8am and 8pm for a maximum of eight hours allowing you to share your skiing between the various areas of the valley. Whether you are catering for different skiing abilities or simply following the sunshine or snow conditions throughout the day our drivers are entirely familiar with the whole valley. After 8pm our night taxi service may be pre-booked and charged separately so that you and your guests are able to make the most of the valley's restaurants, bars and clubs without designating a driver and without finding out that Chamonix has no late night taxis. Please discuss how we can meet your specific requirements with your personal concierge.
- Childcare: Whether you need childcare for just one evening, a day or a full week so that you can make the most of your time in the Alps we have chosen Baby-Cham as our childcare provider. Offering the highest standards of care both in selecting babysitters and ensuring the quality of service they provide Baby-Cham recognises that a family holiday benefits from some adult moments without the children. Their service allows you to enjoy those moments with peace of mind.
- Guides and Ski Instructors: As well as being home to some of the greatest ski terrain in the world the Chamonix valley is wonderfully located to explore the skiing in three countries, France, Italy and Switzerland. All our guides are fully trained members of the E.S.F. are mountain rescue and avalanche trained, know the pistes and back-country intimately and are happy to provide transport. Importantly they are also personable and adaptable, equally accomplished guiding an experienced group of hardened back-woods skiers or providing tuition to beginners and children alike. That said we will endeavour to match the ideal guide and instructor to your group's level and requirements. All are conversant in English and we also regularly work with Dutch, Russian and Italian speaking guides and instructors.
- Therapeutic Massage, Beauty Treatments, Personal Training: Transform your chalet into your own private spa or health-club and really treat your guests to some serious rest and relaxation. During the winter and high summer months one can find available most styles of therapeutic massage. Choose from Deep Tissue, Relaxation, Shiatsu, Thai, Holistic, Swedish, Reiki, Hot Stone and Remise en Forme. Our range of beauty treatments includes purifying, anti-age and hydrating facials, body scrubs, hairdressing and make up. Pilates instructors and various yoga disciplines are represented with practitioners trained to a very high standard. Your concierge will be delighted to discuss your requirements and will be able to guide your choices.
- Wine Delivery and Tastings: We have worked very closely with ChaChaCha since they opened and have been continually impressed with both their service and their selection of wines. Making your choice from their cellar the wines can be then be delivered before your arrival. Focusing on wines from specific regions our sommelier Jean Gabriel is also available to share his knowledge with you and your guests during a tasting at your chalet.
- Private Parties: Simply tell your concierge what the event is and we will do the rest, from clowns and magiciansto live bands and DJs, waiters, party platters and catering to suit all tastes and budgets.
- The Vallée Blanche: One of the most spectacular and exciting off-piste runs in the world is surprisingly easy to access by the Aiguille du Midi lift from the centre of Chamonix. 22km of pure skiing pleasure on the longest glacier in Europe await those who brave the short ridge walk at the top of the Aiguille. You will be able to appreciate the dramatic beauty of a glacier as well as some challenging off-piste skiing and a fantastic lunch at the breathtakingly situated Refuge du Requin. Accessible to high intermediate skiers with off-piste experience.
- Husky Sledding: One of the most amazing experiences you can have on snow. The sensation of driving powerful and superbly trained, lovely dogs through the backwoods is unforgettable.
- Ski Jœring: Love horses, love skiing? You will love ski-jœring! Race around a circuit or go exploring on your skis while being pulled by horses. A truly rare and exceptional experience.
- Tandem Para-gliding: Anyone visiting Chamonix who has raised their eyes to admire the surrounding peaks will not have failed to notice that Chamonix is, for good reason, home to an inordinate number of para-gliders. Fly with a professional instructor and tandem flight specialist and discover the beauty of the Mont-Blanc massif while you float through the air. After a short run to take off your instructor will teach you piloting basics, maybe allowing you to take the controls under expert guidance.
- Speed Riding: This new and incredibly exciting sport combines the two exhilerating sports of skiing and paragliding! Only available to good and versatile skiers that can ski all types of conditions and terrain without poles and in control. Ideally you also already have a little experience of paragliding or kite-surfing. Our fully-qualified instructor Jean Charles will teach you everything you need to know on a one-on-one basis in a sport he has helped to invent and master.
- Helicopter Flights: To really appreciate the scope and scale of the Mont-Blanc massif treat yourself and your guests to a flight of discovery. Fly over the breathtaking peaks, skim over jagged ridges and hover beside sheer granite cliffs. An exhilarating and unforgettable way to experience these great mountains.
- Héli-Tarentaise: Ski 7 resorts in one day on our incredible tour linking some of the best skiing in the French Alps. Leave Chamonix by helicopter flying over the Vallée Blanche to Tignes where snowmobiles are waiting to take you to the top of your first spectacular descent. Ski down into Champagny then La Plagne, ski the north face of Bellecote to Peisey Nan Croix, Les Arcs and off-piste to Villaroger. Then ride your helicopter back to Argentière and finish your day with a beautiful descent of the Grands Montets.
- Héli Crémérie: After spending your morning with our expert guide seeking out the best snow and conditions on the mountain you will be taken for lunch to the Crèmerie du Glacier, a locally renowned restaurant that serves authentic mountain dishes in a simple and charming setting. After your meal you will climb into a helicopter right next to the restaurant and with stunning agility your pilot will skirt the monumental cliffs and swoop over twisted ice formations jutting from the tortured blue ice of the glacier below you, dropping you and your guests at Plan Joran to continue skiing
- Héli-Skiing: There is a vast amount of stunning heli-skiing available in both Switzerland and Italy depending on your ability and desires. As an example we can organise a superb day with two drops in Italy accompanied by a mountain guide, avalanche pack and return transfers. As with all our excursions and services please feel free to ask for any information you require of your personal concierge.
- Montgolfiere Hot-Air Balloon Flights: Among the most spectacular ways to experience the Mont-Blanc is by hot-air balloon. Our partners at Alpes Montgolfiere offer you this amazing activity flying right past the Mont-Blanc, Aravis, Beaufortain, Bauges and Fizz peaks.
- Personal Photographer: Capturing those perfect moments of breathtaking beauty and the fun you will enjoy with your friends and family, our professional photographers will accompany you on the mountain for a half or full day and provide you with a digital copy of all the photographs and video footage.
- The Italian Job: Easily one of our most popular excursions since its inclusion in our repertoire the Italian Job is for those looking for a spectacular way to spend an evening. Leaving Chamonix at 6pm reach the foot of the Italian slopes of Courmayeur and travel by skidoo to the mountain top restaurant, a thrilling trip piloted by expert local drivers. After enjoying some of the very best regional Italian cuisine you will then return to the valley floor on skis by torchlit descent. Non-skiers can descend by skidoo.
Your personal concierge is waiting to discuss and learn about all your requirements, please do not hesitate to ask us to come up with something that better meets your expectations if none of the above tempts you. We are fiercely committed to providing you with the best of holidays and would be delighted for you to give us the chance to share our passion for our corner of the globe.